Your safety is at the top of our priorities
At Clinique dentaire Pointe-Claire we are committed to ensure your safety and wellbeing as well as that of our team. We have implemented all the measures in compliance with the guidelines issued by L’Ordre des dentistes and public health. These Covid-19 measures will be maintained for as long as the pandemic continues.
Despite the current context, our team is pleased to continue offering you the same high quality standards on all the dental treatments. We thank you for your support, understanding and collaboration during these unprecedented times.
We encourage you to read on and watch the video below to become familiar with the protocols that must be followed during the pandemic.
COVID-19 measures implemented at Clinique dentaire Pointe-Claire
New steps to follow when coming to your dental appointments
This video illustrates the steps all patients will follow when coming to appointments. We thank you for your collaboration in following these recommendations.
Infection control has always been a top priority at our dental clinic. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have reinforced all our regular measures, already very strict, and implemented all the new COVID-19 asepsis protocols to minimize any risk of cross-contamination.
Personal protective equipment (PPE)
We have invested in new personal protective equipment including: N95 masks, visors, gloves, protective goggles and a surgical gowns and hats.
Our team of dental professionals will wear all the necessary equipment based on the dental care provided following Public Health's recommendations. We change our PPE between each patient.
New equipment and treatment room upgrades
- The treatment rooms were all closed with doors in order to prevent the circulation of aerosols in other areas of the clinic.
- Our treatment rooms were equipped with aerosol collection equipment and more efficient suction instruments in order to reduce by 90% the volume of aerosols and droplets projected during dental treatments.
- We have also equipped our rooms with HEPA air filtration units. These systems are very efficient and limit the spread of viruses and bacteria in the air and prevent the return of contaminated air inside the clinic.
Dr. Mauricio Galvis, dentist in Pointe-Claire, continues offering teledentistry as an alternative for certain consultations, including some dental emergencies, and to discuss with you about any additional questions you may have about your dental treatment plans.
Other safety measures
- The number of patients in the waiting room is limited in order to enforce the 2-metre physical distance.
- Items such as magazines or toys for kids have been removed to avoid transfer of germs.
- Sneeze guards were installed at the reception and in our office space.
- We are minimizing the exchange of paper by providing electronic forms and receipts. The use of debit and credit cards for payment is strongly recommended.